PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTESSERVES: 4
4 x 250g beef scotch fillets
½ bunch coriander leaves and stems, chopped
½ bunch flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 long red chilli, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
500g rocket leaves
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons of caramelised balsamic vinegar
Lemon wedges, to serve
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Pre-heat BBQ until hot. While you’re waiting, get started on the chimichurri by combining coriander, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, zest, chilli, cumin and red wine vinegar in a small jug.
2. Blend until all ingredients are combined but still slightly chunky. Then stir in ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, season and set aside.
3. For the salad, combine rocket and cherry tomatoes in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Coat steaks in vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper then allow any excess oil to draw away. If you like your steak medium rare, place the steak on the cast iron grill and cook for around 2 minutes each side.
5. Once cooked to your liking, remove steak from the grill and rest on the enamel warming rack for 5 minutes.
6. To finish the salad, add the balsamic vinegar and 4 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil to the bowl and toss gently.
7. To serve, slice the steak evenly, place on a serving platter or plate topped with chimichurri sauce. Arrange your salad in a bowl next to the steak paired with lemon wedge