The Matador Radiant Pro Kettle BBQ adds a delicious, smokiness to the zesty flavours of this mouth-watering salmon dish
PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES
INGREDIENTS 4 x 200g portions of Atlantic salmon
BRINE 1.1L water 150g Kosher salt
SALAD 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped 1 head endive/frisse (salad leaves) 1 red onion, sliced 10 x cherry tomatoes, halved
SPICE RUB 2 teaspoons sumac 2 teaspoons smoked paprika 2 teaspoons ground cumin 2 teaspoons ground coriander
DRESSING 1 tablespoon honey Juice of 3 oranges Juice of 1 lemon Salt and pepper
Pre-heat your Matador Kettle BBQ to 150˚C.
2. In a large gastronomy tray (deep tray), prepare your brine by combining and dissolving each ingredient to make a liquid.
3. Combine spice rub ingredients and set aside.
4. Place salmon portions in the brine and let it season for 20 minutes.
5. Prepare dressing by whisking ingredients in a bowl.
6. Prepare salad by trimming leaves and combining in a bowl with picked parsley, tomatoes and red onion (dress when serving).
7. Remove salmon from brine and coat with spice rub.
8. Add salmon to your Kettle BBQ and cook for 20 minutes or until moist but firm to the touch (for medium rare). Keep it on for another 10 minutes if you prefer your salmon cooked through.
9. Combine your salad and dressing in a bowl and assemble on serving plate.10. When salmon is cooked to your liking, place on top of salad and drizzle any remaining dressing over the top.